Followers

Thursday 17 December 2020

Name Fame

S’umbha got confounded by Kâla (Death), as his end was coming nigh, and said the following words, his lips quivering with anger. You are struck with fear; so you all take the refuge of Chandikâ or fly down to Pâtâla; but I will kill Her with all my exertion and effort. I conquered all the hosts of Devas and I have enjoyed their kingdom; shall I now, out of the fear of one Lady, fly and enter into the Pâtâla. All my attendants, Raktabîja and other heroes, are now slain in the battle and is it possible that I will now fly away out of the sake of preserving my life only. See! The death of all the beings is ordained by Kâla and it is unavoidable. No sooner a being is born, he is liable to the fear of death. How can a man, then, out of fear of death, quit all his name and fame? 

https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/db/bk05ch29.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels